Venture Lititz will host the 2021 Lititz Ice Walk February 12th through February 20th. This event will kick off the same weekend as our traditional Lititz Fire & Ice (canceled for 2021) event but run through the following Sunday.
We can all agree that most of 2020 has been the longest stretch of cabin fever anyone has experienced. We can all assume by February that cabin fever will be at an all-time high. We want to offer a safe, socially distanced, masked, outdoor, family-friendly experience for our community. Provide our town and surrounding area with an economic boost. By creating a 9 day, spaced out event, we think we can spread out the foot traffic and create a safe outdoor event for both attendees and businesses.
We will put out additional ice sculptures every few days over the 9 days of the event. Lots of chances to stop back and see what is new.
This event is just an ice event – no fire, no entertainment, just ice sculptures.
To further reduce crowds, we are focusing on one block sculptures, and no large, live carvings.
We would like to address some of the challenges to holding events in 2020 and into 2021, questions that have been raised by the public.
– PennDOT has indefinitely suspended any road closure permits for events. Those permits must be applied for at least 120 days prior to the event. There is no possibility to close roads for this event.
– We traditionally have food trucks to help the overwhelming crowds with food options and give our restaurants some relief. This year our restaurants are fighting hard to stay afloat and we want to allow them the chance for as much business as possible.
– Our retail stores are still mandated to only 75% occupancy in shops, staff must be factored into the number, we need to provide them with foot traffic during a slow time of year, but manageable foot traffic, so they can stay safe and healthy, and their clients can have the best possible shopping experiences.
– By the Governor’s mandate we must limit crowd sizes. This is a free, non-ticketed event, with no ability to ticket and restrict visitors. Spreading out the timeline and adding more ice sculptures every few days should help disperse the crowds, and keep us within the mandated guidelines.
– Events are planned over months, deposits are paid, contracts are signed, we cannot simply create this even last minute nor can we cancel last minute.
Should some governmental mandate or restriction be imposed by the time our event happens and we cannot have it on the planned date, the ice will remain frozen, and we will push our event to the soonest day we are allowed to have it. (Easter Ice Walk maybe?) We do not foresee this happening, but we need to be prepared and ask you be prepared as well and have patience as we all navigate these challenging times.
More information to come, check back here for further details.
Want to sponsor ice?
Contact Venture Lititz – VentureLititz@lititzborough.org
Phone: (717) 626-6332
8:00 am - 9:00 pm
24 N Broad St
Lititz, Pennsylvania 17543