- Smith & Cross Traditional Jamaica Rum
- “Navy Strength’’ 57% abv.
- John D. Taylor’s Velvet Falernum Liqueur 11% abv.
- Cilantro-Infused Pineapple Shrub
- Shrub Bar Keep Chinese Bitters
- Bruleed Pineapple
- Grated Nutmeg Garnish
- You can make the Shore Leave by shaking the ingredients with ice in a Boston shaker. Provided you strained the shrub well and didn’t shake too hard, you don’t need to strain the ingredients over new ice.
- Dump the entire contents of the shaker into a 10-ounce Collins glass and top it with seltzer. Garnish with grated nutmeg.
- Then, take your pineapple wedge and coat one side with sugar. Lay it flat on a fireproof surface and use a kitchen torch to scorch the sugary side until it starts to bubble and turn brown.
- Cut a slit in the inside of the fruit and slide it down on the glass, using it to pin the pineapple leaf in place. Advise your guests to eat the pineapple and discard the leaf.