Courtesy of Belvedere Inn, Taylor Merrill
- Simple Syrup
- Fresh Sweet Cherries
- Ginger Beer
- Bluecoat Gin
- First, you’ll need simple syrup. You can buy it or DIY by using equal measures of water and sugar. Bring the water to a boil and add sugar until it dissolves. Remove from heat and cool. The syrup can be stored in the fridge for up to one month.
- Muddle fresh, sweet cherries and the pulp of an orange(s) with enough of the simple syrup to create a puree.
- Pour into an old-fashioned glass.
- Add ice, 1 ounce of ginger beer, and top with Bluecoat Gin.
- Tumble between two glasses to mix.
- Garnish with a half of an orange wedge and a cherry.