Courtesy of Thistle Finch Distillery, Laura Luce
- 3/4 ounce Basil Simple Syrup
- 1 ounce Thistle Finch White Rye Whiskey
- 1 ounce Thistle Finch Pepper Rye Whiskey
- 3/4 ounce Lemon Juice
- Dash of Egg White
- Tonic Water
- Lemon Slice
- To make the simple syrup, simmer 1-1/2 cups water and basil leaves for 20 minutes and stir in 1 cup of sugar.
- Combine the syrup with the whiskies, lemon juice and egg white in a shaker and shake for 20 seconds.
- Pour over ice and serve in a rocks glass, top with tonic water.
- Garnish with a fresh lemon wheel and a sprig of basil.