Six servings as a first course
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. fresh Lemon Juice (lime juice can be substituted or blended with lemon)
- Pinch Saffron (optional)
- To Taste: Sea Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Finely chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1 generous Tbsp. finely chopped Chives or Scallion, with greens
- 1 lb. freshly cooked Lobster Meat, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. freshly steamed and shelled Shrimp, cut into coarse chunks
- Greens of your choice
- While there are many variations on this international preparation, I prefer the simplest treatment.
- In a glass bowl, whisk the olive oil with seasonings and lemon juice. Add the chives or scallions and a bit of red bell pepper. Allow to rest for a few hours; the flavors will meld. Taste and correct seasoning with more lemon, salt and pepper to your taste. At this stage it should be a flavor-infused vinaigrette. Add cut lobster and or steamed chopped shrimp or even lump crab. All make for a great blend.
- When ready to serve, arrange a bed of greens (I love mache, frisee or Belgium endive, or Boston lettuce) and spoon the dressed lobster atop the greens. Drizzle with any remaining vinaigrette from the lobster mix.