This is a pretty and tasty fruit salad that’s perfect for the holidays and those times when you need something quick and easy for an office party or potluck gathering. It takes longer to shop for the ingredients than to make the salad! Feel free to improvise.
- 1 or 2 boxes of Pistachio Instant Pudding (I usually use 1-1/2 boxes.)
- 2 [8 oz.] containers of Cool Whip (lite variety is fine)
- 16 oz. can Crushed Pineapple
- 11 oz. can Mandarin Oranges
- 1 large can Fruit Cocktail
- 1 cup Miniature Marshmallows (I always use more.)
- 12 oz. Cottage Cheese (small curd)
- Optional: Pomegranate (Look for the POM containers to make it easy.)
- Optional: Berries (fresh or frozen)
Fold the pistachio pudding into the Cool Whip. Drain each of the cans of fruit, and then fold them into the pudding/Cool Whip mix. Add the marshmallows. Mix in the cottage cheese. Refrigerate until needed. Do not mix in the pomegranate or berries, as they will discolor the pistachio color. Instead, use them to garnish the individual servings. Ditto for the nuts. Should you have any leftovers, add more marshmallows, which will stiffen it up.