Susquehanna Chorale Spring Concert Series, "Songs for the Journey"
The Susquehanna Chorale, a Pennsylvania-based adult chamber ensemble of 40 auditioned singers under the direction of Artistic Director, Founder and Conductor Linda L. Tedford, will present three performances of their spring concert, Songs for the Journey:
• Friday, May 12, 2023 at 7:30 p.m. at the Derry Presbyterian Church, Hershey
• Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 7:30 p.m. at the Market Square Presbyterian Church, Harrisburg
• Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 4 p.m. at the Calvin and Janet High Center for Worship and Performing Arts (Parmer Hall), Messiah University, Mechanicsburg
For ticket information, visit: https://www.susquehannachorale.org
The theme of the spring concert program series is visually symbolized by the cairn, a human-made pile of stones, that has long been a symbol of prayer, balance, and guidance for many cultures. When found along a trail, the cairn communicates that someone has passed this way before and left a mark to guide others on their journey. The concert is filled with songs that capture those moments when travelers add their own marks along life’s way–through worship, through sharing love and joy, and through offering messages of reassurance and hope to others. The Susquehanna Chorale invites its audience to experience music old and new, crafted or recrafted by some of the world’s finest composers and arrangers, that explores the human journey in song, including:
· Stephen Paulus’ Pilgrim’s Hymn, Ola Gjeilo’s The Ground, and the South African song, Indondana
· Eric Nelson’s arrangement of Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
· The Girl I Left Behind Me and The Nightingale set by Dan Forrest
· Shawn Kirchner’s I’ll Be On My Way
The messages conveyed in this stunning program will lift your spirits and speak to your soul. This is a playlist for life-a musical story of who we are and why our journey matters. Come along with the Susquehanna Chorale and experience Songs for the Journey.
The concert will be preceded by a 15-minute instrumental recital. Audience members are invited to a reception following each of the concerts. The Chorale is funded in part by the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, a state agency funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Phone: (717) 533-7859
04:00 pm - 06:00 pm
Messiah University, Calvin and Janet High Center for Worship and Performing Arts
One University Drive
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania 17055