- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 packet Yeast
- 2 Eggs
- 1-1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 7 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Shortening
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- Cooking Oil for frying
- Mix ingredients in a bowl, saving the powdered sugar for covering the finished product.
- Let rise in a bowl overnight.
- Roll dough into 1/4-inch thick sheets and cut into 2-inch squares, using a pizza cutter.
- Brush off excess flour, fry in 2 inches of oil at 350 degrees.
- Dough should immediately rise to the surface when the temperature is hot enough.
- Keep turning the dough, and remove when lightly brown.
- Cool on plate, cover with powdered sugar and serve with coffee.