My granny has been making this cake for as long as I can remember, and it’s become a family favorite. I always request her to make it every time I go for a visit.
- 1 box German Chocolate cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups Water
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 14 oz. jar of Hershey’s Caramel Syrup
- 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 12 oz. container of Cool Whip
- 1 bag of snack-sized Butterfingers
- To make the cakes, follow the directions on the German Chocolate cake mix box, using the first three ingredients. (I used Duncan Hines cake mix.) Allow 10-15 minutes to cool.
- Place the first layer onto a cake plate. Punch holes in the first cake layer with a straw (do not press the straw all the way through the cake).
- Mix the caramel and milk in a medium-size bowl. Pour the mixture into the holes, and spread a very thin layer of the mixture on top of the cake.
- Spread on a thick layer of Cool Whip. Do not cover the sides of the cake.
- Break up about three or four of the Butterfingers in a plastic bag. Then, scatter the Butterfinger pieces on top of the cake layer (using as much as you’d like).
- Repeat with each layer.