Recipe serves 6-8
Another easy yet elegant soup that can have you warmed up in no time. Similar to vichyssoise, this sweat-simmer-purée creation is just as creamy, without the use of a whole lot of cream.
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, unsalted
- 1 Leek, small, white and light green part, well washed, sliced
- 1 Potato, white, peeled, sliced
- 1 Cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- As Needed: Chicken Stock, to cover
- To Taste: Kosher or Sea Salt and Black or White Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup Double Cream (reduction of 1 cup of Heavy Cream, by half)
- 1 Cup Cauliflower, orange, white, green or purple, cut into small florets, blanched in boiling water until tender, shocked and patted dry
- 1 Tbsp. Chives, fresh, minced
- Place butter in a large sauce pan and sweat leeks until tender. Add potato and raw chopped cauliflower and cover with stock. Bring to a simmer and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until all veggies are thoroughly tender. Purée until smooth and add reduced cream.
- Re-warm as needed and adjust seasonings with additional salt and white pepper, to taste.
- Divide blanched florets by individual soup bowls. Top with hot soup. Garnish with chopped chives and serve.