Serves: 48 small bars
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- 2-1/4 cups All- purpose Gluten-free Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 4 oz. jar Maraschino Cherries
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked Coconut (optional)
- In a stand mixer, beat sugar and butter and then add flour. Mix until crumbly. Press into the bottom of a 9x13” baking pan. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes or until crust is lightly brown.
- Blend eggs, brown sugar, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Drain and chop cherries into small pieces, reserving liquid. Stir chopped cherries and chopped walnuts into egg mixture. Spread over top of warm crust. Return to oven and bake 20-25 minutes more. Cool.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 Tbsp. softened butter and 1 cup confectioner’s sugar with enough cherry liquid to make a thick frosting. Frost bars and sprinkle with coconut, if desired.