Serves: 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp. Anise Extract
- 2-1/2 cups All-purpose Gluten-free Flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1-1/2 cups sliced Almonds, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. Aniseed
- 10 oz. Milk or Dark Chocolate candy coating, melted
- Preheat oven to 325. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and aniseed.
- Divide dough in half. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12”x2” rectangle. Bake 25-30 minutes or until firm to the touch and edges are golden brown. Cool on pans on wire racks.
- When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4” slices. Return to baking sheets cut side down. Bake 6-7 minutes more on each side or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip each cookie halfway into melted chocolate candy coating; allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container.