Serves 4 (2 buns each)
Egg salad sandwiches are already great, but add some avocado in place of much of the mayonnaise, and you’ve got something just as rich and creamy but a whole lot healthier!
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs, prepared, peeled, diced
- 2 Avocados, Hass variety preferred, small, ripe, halved, pitted, diced
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Celery from inner ribs, small dice
- 2 tsp. Chives, fresh, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- To Taste: Kosher or Sea Salt
- To Taste: Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 8 New England-style, Split-top Hot Dog Buns, toasted
- 2 Tomatoes, plum-type, ripe, sliced into thin, half-moon slices
- 1 head of Lettuce, crisp leafy variety,
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the first set of ingredients and fold together until smooth and creamy.
- Open each bun and add a few slices of tomato and some lettuce to each. Spoon in the egg-avocado salad and serve.