With Greens, Radishes, Hard-Boiled Egg and Mustard-Herb Vinaigrette
Fresh artichokes are a sure sign of spring! When simmered in a lemony cooking liquid, cooled slightly and dressed with a mustard-herb vinaigrette, this salad definitely leans towards a warmer weather dish, yet it’s hearty enough for those cooler days that linger. Zesty hydroponic watercress, thinly sliced watermelon radish and a little hard-boiled egg bring added substance. The zesty mustard-herb vinaigrette brings it all home.
- 6 Artichokes, fresh, trimmed, quartered, chokes removed
- To Taste: Juice of 3 or 4 Lemons
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Shallots, fresh, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme, fresh, leaves of
- 6 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Chives, minced, fresh
- 1 tsp. Parsley, fresh, minced
- To Taste: Garlic Salt Seasoning
- To Taste: Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup Radishes, assorted, including watermelon radish, if available, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Hydroponic Watercress, trimmed
- 4 Eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, quartered
- Simmer the artichokes in salted, lemon-tinged water until just tender. Drain and keep warm.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the next set of ingredients and set aside.
- Prepare the final set of ingredients.
- When ready to serve, toss the artichokes with enough vinaigrette to coat and divide among individual plates. Gently toss the radishes and watercress with a little of the vinaigrette and disperse them in and around the artichokes. Divide the hard-boiled eggs among the plates and drizzle, to taste, with remaining vinaigrette.