- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion - diced
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Curry Powder
- 2 tsp. Harissa spice blend
- 1 pound Carrot - peeled & diced
- 1 ripe Banana - peeled & sliced
- 4-1/4 cups Water
- 1 can of light Coconut Milk (13.5 oz. generally)
- 1 Lime
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion with a pinch of salt. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until the onions are soft, and then add the garlic.
- Add the ginger, continue cooking, add the curry powder, the Harissa and 1/4 cup water. Stir the mixture so that the onion and garlic are well coated.
- Add 4 cups of water, carrots and the banana. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes, uncovered. Carrots should be soft enough to pierce with a fork. Take the soup off the heat.
- You can purée your soup in a blender or use an immersion blender. Return the soup to low heat, and stir in 8 oz. coconut milk and the juice from the lime.
- In a small saucepan, simmer the rest of the coconut milk over medium heat. Let it reduce and “thicken.” This should take about 10 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, drizzle the coconut milk reduction on top. Serve.