- Freshly caught Striped Bass, filleted and cut into portions
- Rice Flour (or all-purpose flour), enough to lightly coat the portions
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Ghee (clarified butter)
- Chop the tarragon and thyme. Add some Kosher salt (to taste). Continue chopping to combine.
- Coat the portions of fish with the mixture, then coat very lightly with flour.If using dried herbs, combine them and mix well with the coating flour.
- Heat the pan and coat it with Ghee.
- Add fish portions to the pan so that they sizzle as soon as they touch.
- Add a few sprigs of thyme and a smashed garlic clove or two.
- Flip once when golden brown and baste with ghee until other side is golden brown.