We could wax on and on about the complexity and finesse of this compound butter, but really, the name says it all: Bacon Butter. Serve it with radishes in the spring and homemade bread all year long.
- 1/4 pound Bacon, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Coriander Seeds, crushed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh Thyme
- Fine Sea Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 4 bunches Radishes, trimmed with some greens attached
- Cook the bacon in a large heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 8 minutes. Add the coriander and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer the bacon mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the butter, shallot, lemon zest, juice, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper to the bacon mixture, and beat with the mixer until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with the radishes.