Some things are just better when it’s served between two slices of bread. That said, when it comes to crispy vegetables and delicate flavors, bread could be too heavy. So, substitute a wrap. Available in the whole-grain form, wraps can be a pleasant vehicle for just about any healthy combination of ingredients. Here, crispy cabbage, broccoli and carrots are combined with chicken and a zesty mayonnaise for a quick and easy wrap that is big on flavor and texture.
- 12 ounces Chicken Breast, cooked, chilled, sliced
- 1 cup Broccoli florettes, finely sliced
- 2/3 cup Napa Cabbage, julienne
- 2/3 cup Red Cabbage, julienne
- 2/3 cup Green Cabbage, julienne
- 1/4 cup Carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup Pineapple, fresh, diced
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. Chili Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp. pickled Sushi Ginger, minced
- 4 Whole-grain Wraps, 12-inch size
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chicken and vegetables. Toss well. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, soy, chili garlic paste and ginger. Add enough of the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken and vegetables to evenly coat. Toss well.
- Divide the mixture among the wraps, placing at the bottom center of each. Roll the wrap up and over the mixture, stopping at approximately the halfway point. Using your fingers, press down on the wrap and draw the ingredients back toward the bottom to tighten. Roll the sides of the wrap toward the center to enclose the sides and then continue to roll the wrap closed. Slice the wrap on the bias, add a toothpick if desired, and serve.