Planning the wedding of your dreams entails implementing and carrying out the details, no matter how minute they may be. In order to assist you in locating a venue that matches your style, we posed the following questions to the wide range of venues that participated in our bridal advertorial. Respondents were given the opportunity to select from among the 13 categories of questions that were posed. Of course, you can learn more about the properties by visiting their websites and social-media sites.
- The Vibe: Describe the ambiance your venue provides. Share a little history, as well. Is your venue open to events other than weddings?
- Capacity: Share how many guests your venue can accommodate for various situations: cocktail reception, buffet, formal dinner, etc. Do you have minimum and maximum capacities?
- The Vision: Can your venue accommodate the entire wedding (ceremony, cocktail hour and reception)? If so, and the ceremony is slated to be held outdoors, do you have a backup plan for inclement weather? Also, do you have spaces in which guests can enjoy quiet time or private conversations, etc.?
- Vendors: Is your venue open only to select vendors or are clients welcome to use their choice of vendors? When can vendors such as florists, lighting specialists, etc. begin prepping the space for the event?
- Catering: Do caterers have access to a kitchen at your venue or must they make other arrangements? ]
- Time Frame: Is your venue rented on an hourly basis or are clients given a time frame that accommodates a typical wedding and charged a flat fee? If the party continues beyond the established end time, what is your venue’s policy?
- The Bottom Line: What is included in your fee? On-site coordinator? Use of chairs/tables? Use of china/linens/glassware? Do you have an established payment schedule? What is your cancellation policy?
- Primping: Does your venue provide pre-ceremony/reception accommodations for bridal parties? If so, what do they entail?
- Alcohol Policy: What is your venue’s alcohol policy? Open/cash bar? Can clients furnish the alcohol or do you prefer that it be provided/handled by an outside source such as a caterer? Do you provide bartenders, or do the clients need to hire them through a catering or staffing company?
- Décor: Are clients able to bring in décor and lighting specialists? Do you have any restrictions where candles are concerned? How far in advance of the ceremony/reception can vendors begin their work?
- Dancing the Night Away: Can your venue accommodate a DJ or live band? Is there a dance floor? Is there a noise ordinance in your jurisdiction? Must parties end by a certain time?
- The Out-of-Towners: Does your venue offer accommodations or does it have working relationships with area hotels so that guests are assured of accommodations when they are attending a wedding?
- The Incidentals: Does your venue provide parking? Is your venue handicapped-accessible? Is there a coat check? Is there a smoking area?
Acorn Farms Reception and Conference Center
3141 Mount Joy Road, Mount Joy, PA 17552
331 Red Hill Road, Pequea, PA 17565
The Hamilton Ballroom at Wheatland Place
941 Wheatland Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17603
The Booking House
210 S. Penn Street, Manheim, PA 17545
5117 Lincoln Highway, Gap, PA 17527
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Lancaster
2400 Willow Street Pike, Lancaster, PA 17602
Farm at Eagles Ridge
465 Long Lane, Lancaster, PA 17603
Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum
2451 Kissel Hill Road, Lancaster
717-581-0431 (Joyce Perkinson)
Best Western Premier Eden Resort & Suites
222 Eden Road, Lancaster, PA 17601
Sariah Seagle says
My sister will get married next year and they are now looking for a venue. It was suggested here that when looking for a place, it will be best to consider if it can accommodate the entire wedding. Moreover, it’s advisable to talk to professionals when dealing with wedding venues.
Diana Terry says
My husband and I have started to plan our wedding and the first thing we want to plan is the venue. Your tips are all very good and I’m sure we will use them trough the search process. We want to have a spacey wedding reception venue where we could also continue the partying later. I’m excited to see what kind of place we’re able to find.